These articles culled from recent issues of Podiatry Management magazine are focused upon podiatric practice management-from office management to staff issues, from coding/reimbursement to medical economics, from patient relations to multidisciplinary issues, from practice building to keeping up with the digital world. In short, this section is devoted to the "how-to's" of practice growth and prosperity.
- Don't Let Coding Issues Be Part of Your Potential Burnout
Understanding billing helps reduce stress.
- Service Fee for Credit Cards?
You need to weigh the potential benefits and/or repercussions.
- Medical Errors: The Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.
What can you do to help eliminate medical mistakes?
- Outsourcing Your Billing: How Will It Affect Staffing, Overhead, and Compliance? Part II
Any transition to outsourced billing still requires your oversight.
- Running an Efficient Practice (When the Doctor Is Not in Full Function)
Preparation is the key to dealing with the unexpected.
- Vehicles = Moving Deductions
Here’s how to benefit from changes in the tax law.
- Listening to the Grassroots
- Conquer Procrastination
Sometimes it’s a matter of how you set deadlines.
- Outsourcing Your Billing: How Will It Affect Staffing, Overhead, and Compliance? Part I
Any transition to outsourced billing must make financial sense.
- Expanded Duties for Ambitious Staff
Satisfy your employees’ desire to grow while improving your practice.
- Are You Getting Full Value from Your Software?
Take the time to understand the capabilities of your system.
- Workers’ Comp Can Cost You Big Time
Here’s how to put the odds in your favor.
- Almost Entirely Preventable
We must be more proactive in preventing the complications of diabetes.
- A Backwards Look at Retirement Planning
Here’s what the distribution phase can teach us about the accumulation phase.
- majorShould All Podiatrists Be Primarily Surgeons?
Surgical and clinical practitioners should co-exist.
- “Top of Mind” Staff Topics—Part 2
Here are more quick, candid solutions to some frequently-asked questions.
- Thinking of Divorcing Your Bank?
These five steps will make a tough job easier.
- Five Steps to Managing Your Online Brand
If your reputation on the Internet is not a positive one, it could sabotage your practice.
- Who Answers the Phone in Your Healthcare Practice?
These are the core requirements on every call.
- Understanding and Preventing Employee Burnout
There are a number of ways to prevent this problem.
- Safety, Regulation, Compliance, and Billing of In-Office Ambulatory Surgeries
Office surgery accreditation can be attained by adhering to the state and agency standards.
- Three Steps to Exceptional Patient Service
Take your practice to the next level.
- “Top of Mind” Staff Topics—Part 1
Here are quick, candid solutions to some frequently-asked questions.
- Getting Back to Basics
These fundamentals are the keys to success.
- Reductio Ad Absurdum
Evidence and logical thought ultimately prevail.